Rakitic was linked with moves to Manchester United and Juventus throughout the recent transfer window but ultimately remained at the Blaugrana despite widespread reports that the Barcelona hierarchy wants him out of the team.
Rakitic played 90 minutes in the 2-1 La Liga win over Levante on Sunday – in only his eighth league start for the campaign so far.
Speaking after the victory against Levante, Rakitic hinted displeasure at his situation at the club over the last six months but revealed he has accepted the decisions made by the Barcelona hierarchy.
“There have been several things that I did not like,” Rakitic said. “I say it very clearly.
“We know there are people who make decisions but here we are not to laugh or enjoy,
“In the end the best thing for the club has to be what is good. We must accept not to understand some things.”
Despite being frozen out of the starting squad for most of the season, Rakitic displayed his gratitude at being in the starting XI against Levante.
The Croatia international is keen to move on from his transfer situation and contribute to the club for the rest of the campaign.
“It’s not time to talk about [my unhappiness],” he said. “I’m happy to have played today and everyone knows it, you don’t have to open things again.
“Everything has already happened and I have to turn the page and not think too much about it.
“You have to work in the best way possible because the decisive part of the season is coming.
“I want my colleagues, technicians and fans to count on me.”
Barcelona moved to within three points of La Liga leaders Real Madrid with the victory against Levante.
The win was earned courtesy of two goals from 17-year-old Ansu Fati – who became the youngest ever scorer of a brace in La Liga history.
Both goals were assisted by clinical Lionel Messi passes.
In upcoming fixtures, Barcelona have the first leg of the Copa del Rey quarter-final at Athletic Bilbao on Thursday before their league campaign resumes at Real Betis on Sunday.